- Outlook Today: This feature allows you to post your schedule on a calendar. Both one time and reoccuring events, you are not only kept reminded of things you have scheduled butd others are also able to see when you are best available.
- Task Tab: This displays tasks needing to be completed. Once you have completed a task you can simply check the box and it will disappear. You can also take emails in which give specific tasks and drag them into the task tab to create a quick reminder.
- Address Book: This feature allows you to keep contact information. Either saved as a single person or as a group, information on others is easily available. And, just as with the Task Tab, you may drag an email into the address book to create a quick contact.
- BCC: Blank Carbon Copy allows you to send one email to multiple people without others able to see who else is receiving.
- Signature: This feature enables you to have an automatic signing of your name and personal contact information at the end of each email.
- Out of Office Assistant: Sends out a response email if you are unable to check email during a certain period of time.
- Folders: Additional folders can be created for mail to keep information organized.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
2. Microsoft Outlook
Many people use Microsoft Outlook simply to send and receive emails. I, for one, know that this was the entirety of my use of the program before having taken this class. However, Dr. Jenny taught us to manage and explore the many beneficial uses of the program in hopes to teach us additional organizational skills. Some of these features include:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Microsoft Outlook was mcuh the same for me as it was for Rachel. I never knew how to do anything but use it for emailing purposes. I was slightly afraid to use the other items available with Outlook. When I started to explore Outlook during class, I realized what a simple tool it was to use and just how useful it is. Since, I use my computer for so much, it was nice to learn to use the calendar and how to schedule appointments and have that all right at my finger tips. The task tool is nice too, since I have many thoughts of things I need to do throughout the day and it makes it easy to write them down so I will remember them for later. As a future educator, I can see this making my life much simpler and more organized.
ReplyDelete